Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Welcome to Seeds

Welcome to Seeds! This Blog was created for our students to reflect, comment, and develop their writing skills through blogging. Kimmel Farm is a new elementary school in Forsyth County, (Winston-Salem N.C.)

Here are the goals we have set for blogging with our students.Thanks to The Reading Workshop Blog for helping us with our goals and benefits of student blogging.
Goals with student blogs include:


1. Students will communicate effectively.
2. Students will share thoughts, ideas, and opinions, and support them with details that make understanding easy.
3. Students will become better writers, both in content and mechanics.
4. Students will become better readers, improving comprehension and the ability to read critically.
5. Students will share great books and enter into dialogue about them.
6. Students will use Web 2.0 technology as a tool to publish their work to share with their peers, family, and friends.

The benefits of student blogging are

1. Blogging is fun.2. Students can improve writing in an exciting and engaging manner.3. Students can share their work with friends.4. Students can comment on their friend's work, sharing thoughts and ideas.5. Students can learn about using computers and web-based tools.6. Students can show off their work to their parents, grandparents, and other family members.7. Students can earn good grades for doing something they like.

Check back often to see what our students are commenting on on Seeds!

16 comments:

  1. It will developing our typing skills,and getting us ready for middle school typing test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never bloged before but i bet its going to be fun and a good expierients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can always inprove your work like it was nothing at all this is fun and nice to go thru
    all maze to find the right seed and devloping more and more fun and good STUFF.............

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will help us with middle school ,and our tipeing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can be a seed by planting trees or plants for the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can be a seed by planting myself into the gound and making the environment better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that the seeds spot it when people can type good things not bad things stuff like that wate ever. But we can get ready for 5th graders to get ready for middle school at flat rock or other watever schools out there. :-D :-) <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I can be a seed by cleaning the
    Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can be a seed because I can plant trees in the Earth.And other things to like plants to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a graet thanks giving, first I went to my gramas houes and had lunch. Then I went out side and whached the boys playing foot ball and I chered "Ra ra re kick him in the nee" Then I went in side toget a peace of pie and my dads famus chese cake. I said bye and I left

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a new year and I bet it is going to be hard but that just means I have to try harder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My three goals are 1. be a good example for my little sister by doing good in school. 2. To keep up with my school suplies folders and others. 3. To keep my eyes on the books and not on my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goal this year is to work better on my grades.Call my dad 3 times a week.I will show that i am doing better not tell.

    ReplyDelete
  14. one of my goals is to try to do a little better in talking because I talk a lot.I also want to try alot harder in social studies because I don't really try.My last goal is to not break anything later this year because this year is to late.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1. first to do better at math by lising better and do as much work as i can. 2. also do better at reading by reading books my level. 3. be more responsable for the stof.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This Year my 3 gols are to do better in school. Second I want to be nicer to people. & if someone trys to temt me to be mean to someone im not going to do it!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete